It’s hard to believe that it’s been 30 days…since it feels like I’ve been doing it for a lot longer. It’s truly amazing how quickly the human body responds to consistent exercise and making some better nutritional choices. Here’s what I’ve learned about the "personal trainer" approach vs. simply "going to the gym" approach.
- My results have been much faster. I know now that I never worked as hard as I’m "being worked over" now by Josh, Jay and Steve. 3x per week of full intensity with cardio supplementing on off days is burning the fat and building the muscle rapidly.
- I feel like I have a coach and training mentor. Even the best players around: Tiger, Phil, Jordan, Jimmie Johnson…have coaches (or crew chiefs). Coaches guide you to your best self and these guys are doing what they can to bring out my best physical self.
- It has become part of a schedule. Our meetings have become like any other business meeting…a requirement…not an option
- Scale weight is very deceptive if you’re body is like mine. I’ve only dropped about 5 lbs in 30 days. However, I’ve ratcheted my belt down by two notches and can notice the fat loss and muscle gain all over. My body fat percentage is dropping and my physical well being is skyrocketing. You can keep the scale.
- Rapid circuit training is very effective. I was never able to do this at the gym. With a trainer (and especially in the private training environment of Fitness Together), I’m able to push to total cardio and muscle exhaustion in the same 45 minutes session. This is huge. I’ve done the typical rotation of "upper body Monday, cardio Tuesday, Lower body Wednesday, repeat" before and it’s about 30% less effective than what I’m doing now.
I hope if you’ve thought about doing this and you’re in the DSM Metro, email email@example.com and set up an introductory session to see if it’s right for you. It’s really working for me.
(I may just train for the HyVee Triathlon next year )