I’m really having trouble remaining entrenched Panera. I don’t want to launch a revolt, rebellion, or negatively impact their business but here’s my feelings at present.
- I’ve been going there for over 6 months now. I’m a stranger EVERY day to the employees and managers there.
- Not a soul has remembered my name…ever. Even when I’ve provided the mnemonic.
- I’ve been introduced to most that work there by Mike Sansone. I’ve tried to interact and create a sense that I care at the register, etc. No luck.
- Unlike Starbucks, my Panera doesn’t care much about the "cafe" area. They clean it infrequently, usually only after the entire rush is gone…and sometimes that’s hours.
- The coffee is frequently empty or past is "expiration date" posted on the pot.
- I have no complaints about the food quality whatsoever.
- Yesterday, I was there from 10AM-5PM. I’m like a big rock in the middle of the road. It must take special care to avoid me. How is this possible?
I will hold on for a while and will likely continue to utilize Panera as my office away from home…but I am looking. Is it just University Panera? I did visit the Panera on 86th in Johnston (Urbandale maybe?)…and I felt more of a sense of community there immediately from the employees. There are many businesses around town with free wireless connectivity.